This January, one Sherman Residential team takes a step back from the hustle and bustle of everyday work to give back to their local community.
The management and maintenance staff at The Cottages in Austin took some time away from the office and their every day responsibilities this Thursday, January 5th, to get hands on with a local charity. For the past 30 years, the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas have been supporting hospitalized children and their families through meals and the power of closeness through its programs. RMHC CTX helps to lessen the financial and emotional strain on families with a sick child by providing housing and meals to those families every day of the year with the help of volunteers. Our Team was proud to join the ranks of thousands of other helping hands that have come before them to support this fantastic charity and the amazing work they accomplish.
To kick off 2017 right by feeding families and feeding their souls, Team Sherman Residential from The Cottages in Austin got hands on in the kitchen for lunch service at RMHC CTX. Prepping food and taking orders, the Team was inspired to give back and make sure that they were making the best possible impact on their community. We here at Sherman Residential are all immensely proud of our caring and compassionate colleagues who felt so compelled to get out in the world and make a real difference. They set a positive example for us and for everyone.
Want to learn more about Sherman Residential? Visit our website here.
Want to find out how you can make a difference with RMHC CTX? Click here to find out how you can get involved!
Did you know, in 2015:
- 10,577 room nights were provided to families through Ronald McDonald House
- 2,071 guest/families were served at Ronald McDonald House
- 798 families stayed at the Ronald McDonald House
- 1,133 families stayed at the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
- 25,000 visits were made to our four Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
- 140 families were supported through our Healing Hearts program
- 923 nourishing meals were provided at the Ronald McDonald House
- 10,000 snacks were provided to families staying at the House and Family Rooms
- 2,000 complimentary items were distributed to families from the Happy Wheels Carts