Please read below for more information on Sherman Residential’s responses to your frequently asked questions regarding how this pandemic is currently affecting your community. Please contact us for a prompt response to any additional questions.
We will continue to follow the CDC’s advice and update you with anything that affects your living situation. You may also contact your property team via email or phone as on-site property management offices and amenities are closed until further notice. A member of your management team will always be on-site, and your full team is available via phone or email during our regular business hours. Maintenance is also available as usual cleaning our properties and responding to all work orders.
What is your mask policy?
Masks are optional for all fully vaccinated individuals. For your comfort, our team will be happy to wear a mask at your request at any time. When entering your occupied unit for a maintenance request, our technicians will wear a mask.
Can I visit the management office?
We are allowing visitors into our management offices. We will continue to offer service via phone, text, and email. You may pay your rent online, in person, or by using the lockbox.
Masks are optional for all fully vaccinated individuals. For your comfort, our team will be happy to wear a mask at your request.
Which amenities are open?
Following national and local guidelines, all amenities are fully open to residents and their guests at full capacity. Masks are optional for fully-vaccinated individuals.
Your health and safety remain our top priority. Sherman Residential will continue to follow national and local guidelines, and if at any time we feel it is in the community’s best interest to close a space, we will not hesitate to scale back.
To support your health efforts, Sherman Residential has purchased an Nfinite Pursuit membership for all residents, which provides:
- True Coach app with premade home workouts, programs & videos
- Facebook Support Group for all residents to communicate & take virtual fitness classes
- 2-4 Live Fitness classes a week from the NFinite Pursuit Team through Facebook Live
- Discounted personal training
- Free at-home healthy, meal delivery with discounted meals are available from Crave-It Nutrition for San Antonio and Austin communities
Instructions to join the Facebook Group, virtual workouts, and the True Coach app can be found here. We have also seen a number of other top fitness chains offering free use of their apps and live streaming services; several of these options are listed here.
Please contact your site team if you need anything delivered to your door or have any further questions about your property.
Can I still receive packages?
Yes, all package lockers/rooms are open.
Will I still be able to have maintenance service in my apartment?
We are completing all requests for residents’ apartments. Should a maintenance team member enter your apartment while you are home, our technicians will wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status. Masks are optional for our fully-vaccinated residents and their guests.
I don’t want service in my apartment. Can I refuse?
Yes, provided it is not an emergency that maintenance staff needs to respond to immediately.
What is considered emergency maintenance?
These categories are subject to change.
How can I minimize the need for maintenance to enter my home?
- Sherman Finishing Touches cabinets have tools to help you take care of common maintenance issues, and our service team will make every attempt to walk you through fixes over the phone.
- Check before you flush. Avoid a clogged toilet by testing any toilet paper substitute or other seemingly flushable items by placing it in a bowl of water for one hour. If it hasn’t significantly disintegrated (you can do the same with a piece of toilet paper to compare the difference), do NOT flush it.
- Never flush the following items down a toilet:
- Facial tissues
- Any wipes, including those labeled as flushable, baby wipes, disinfectant wipes, etc.
- Cleaning cloths, such as Swiffer pads, paper towels, napkins, and scrubbing pads
- Sanitary napkins, feminine hygiene products, diapers, condoms, and any non-organic material
- Dental floss and hair
- Any medicines, including nutraceuticals and vitamins
- Eggshells, nutshells, and coffee grounds
- Fats, oils, and greases
If you have an issue needing professional assistance, please open a ticket through your resident portal. We ask for your patience with any tickets deemed non-emergency as we work to provide as safe and healthy a working environment as possible.
Can I still get food deliveries?
Yes, there are no visitor restrictions at our properties.
Should we limit guests or gatherings in apartments or lounges?
We have lifted all capacity and visitor restrictions. Each space will continue to adhere to its typical operating capacity.
Where can I find guidelines about COVID-19?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health (DOH) mandate specific procedures for preventing the spread of the virus. Following these official guidelines is what you can do to actively take part in protecting everyone’s health and safety. Please visit the websites of the CDC and DOH.
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
- Texas Department of Health: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/
- Kansas City Department of Health: https://www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departments/health
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: http://www.kdheks.gov
- North Carolina Department of Health: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/
- Tennessee Department of Health: https://www.tn.gov/health.html
Are there any specific rules or procedures for external cleaning staff entering the building to clean apartments?
At this time, we are not stopping guests, dog walkers, housekeepers, or moving company personnel to question their health. We all need to play a role in this process; so, we encourage residents to minimize the number of outside individuals that enter the building and their apartments, as well as ask pertinent health questions (similar to what our maintenance staff would ask residents) before allowing permission to enter. These questions are:
- Has anyone in the home had a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath?
- In the 14 days before the visit, has anyone in the home traveled to any areas inside the US, or outside the US, where there is a concentration of the coronavirus?
- Are you under self-quarantine for possible exposure to coronavirus?
If a visitor or contractor appears visibly ill, we will ask them to leave the building. We will also continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidelines of local authorities.
How will this affect my scheduled move-out?
Contact your property’s management team to arrange a contactless move-out. You may use your property’s dropbox or leave your keys in your apartment on your move-out date. Your property’s account manager will inspect your apartment after you vacate, take photos of the condition, and notify you of the results to complete your lease.
My lease is expiring soon, and now my new living arrangements will not be ready. What can I do?
Please let us know your circumstances, and we will do everything we can to accommodate your extended stay.
What can I do to help my neighbors?
We believe the best thing to do for each other is to stay positive. You can help create a calm environment by being aware of your own noise level and tolerant of your neighbors. As most of our residents are now working from home, we ask that all residents please be courteous to their neighbors and our community as we navigate through this challenging time. Be mindful of noise during the day and respect your city’s quiet hours at night.
We also encourage you to connect with your neighbors via your resident portal’s bulletin board. This is a secure space to post content for residents and staff of your community only. It is located on the home page of your portal.
Follow your community on social media for more information on we can boost each other and our neighborhoods. We’re all in this together!